The city of Barcelona is a magnificent and spectacular city because of its great and old architecture. Another major advantage of Barcelona city is the average annual temperature of 21.2 °C during the day and 15.1 °C at night. Both combined attracts a lot of tourism. Therefore, Barcelona is striking new records in the number of visitors every year. In the last year, those numbers estimated 32 million.
You can be assured that Barcelona is a safe place to visit. Aggression and violence in the Barcelona nightlife are rare. Both day and night police officers are patrolling on streets and in traffic. However, only certain areas are troublesome, like downtown, and the big touristic attractions. Barcelona pickpockets are not violent, they are sneaky, quick and subtle. You might even not notice when you got robbed.
Here are 10 quick Barcelona safety tips:
1. Don’t carry your wallet in your back pocket
2. Don’t put phones, cameras on table at cafes
3. Wear your rucksack on your front in touristy areas
4. Always keep bags on your lap at cafes/coffee bars
5. Be wary of any strangers approaching you or touching you
6. Don’t participate in street games like the three shell game
7. Be extra aware on beaches and in the metro
8. Be extra aware when watching street shows
9. Be extra aware on La Rambla, Sagrada Familia church, Sants station and in the metro
10. Be extra aware in hotel lobbies, at airport bus stops and airport transport